This is cotton plain cloth that is finished to give the feel of muslin and cambric. It is used for dresses and linings.
A lightweight smooth all wool fabric. 3.A sheer silk fabric.
A sheer, fine, soft, light weight, plain weave fabric usually of combed cotton or polyester/cotton. It often has lengthwise streaks due to the use of 2 ply yarns. Used for shirts blouses dresses nightwear and lingerie.
A medium-weight, plain weave fabric. Generally made from cotton, but can also be made from rayon and wool. Named after Jean Baptiste, a French linen weaver. Light weight, soft, semi-sheer fabric which resembles nainsook, but finer. It belongs to the lawn family; almost transparent. It is made of tightly twisted, combed yarns and mercerized finish. Sometimes it is printed or embroidered. In a heavier weight, it is used for foundation garments and linings in a plain, figured, striped, or flowered design. Considered similar to nainsook but finer and lighter in weight. Now usually made of 100% polyester distinguished by slubs in filling direction.
A medium-weight, plain weave fabric, usually made of cotton or cotton blends. End-uses include blouses and dresses.
A sheer, woven, mercerized fabric of combed cotton or polyester/cotton resembling nainsook, only finer, with a lengthwise streak.
A rayon fabric decorated with dobby woven stripes and jacquard florals.
A smooth, fine, woolen fabric, lighter than challis and very similar to nun's veiling.
Named for Jean Baptiste, A French line weaver.
1. In cotton, it is a sheer, fine, combed, and mercerized muslin characterized by wide streaks in construction. Used mainly for blouses, summer shirts, dresses, lingerie, infants wear, bonnets, and handkerchiefs.
2. also made of rayon and polyester and cotton blends.
3. also made of wool or worsted yarns in a smooth fine fabric that is lighter than challis, very similar to fine nun’s veiling. Used for dresses and lingerie
4. also a sheer silk fabric, either plain or figured, similar to silk mull. Often called Batiste de Soie and used for lightweight summer dresses.
5. also made of spun rayon or other fibers.
A light transparent wedding gown fabric.
1. A Sheer, Fine, Soft, Light Weight, Plain Weave Fabric Usually Of Combed Cotton Or Polyester/cotton. It Often Has Lengthwise Streaks Due To The Use Of 2 Ply Yarns. Used For Shirts Blouses Dresses Nightwear And Lingerie.
2. A Lightweight Smooth All Wool Fabric.
3.a Sheer Silk Fabric.
Fine cotton material similar to cambric.