What is "Textured Yarn" - Definition & Explanation
A continuous filament yarn that has been processed to introduce durable crimps, coils, loops or other fine distortions along the lengths of the filaments.
A yarn that has been so processed as to introduce durable crimps (q.v.), coils, loops or other fine distortions along the length of the fibres or filaments.
a) The main texturing processes usually applied to continuous-filament yarns made from or containing thermoplastic fibres, are as follows:
1. The yarn is highly twisted, heat-set and untwisted, either as a continuous process (false twisting) or as a three-stage process.
2. The yarn is passed through a heated "stuffer box" (stuffer box crimping).
3. The heated yarn is passed over a knife edge (edge crimping).
4. The heated yarn is passed between a pair of geared wheels or some similar device (gear crimping).
5. The yarn is knitted into a fabric, heat-set and unravelled (knit-deknit).
6. Loops are formed in individual filaments by over-feeding into a turbulent airstream (air-textured).
7. Bicomponent Fibres (q.v.) are differentially shrunk.
b) Processes (1) and (3) above produce yarns of a generally high stretch character. This stretch character is frequently reduced by reheating the yarn in a state where it is only partly relaxed from the fully extended condition, thus producing a yarn with the bulkiness little reduced but with a much reduced retractive power.
c) Fabrics that contain textured yarns have increased bulk, opacity, and moisture absorbency and improved thermal insulation properties with a warmer handle (q.v.); some textured yarns also confer extensible or "stretch" properties on fabrics made from them.
a general classification for continuous filament man - made fibre yarn which have been treated to give them hand and appearance which is different from the untreated yarn and / or stretchy. These yarns in some cases exhibit spun yarn effect. The yarns may be crimped ,curled, coiled, distorted through air jet process or given a false twist and then be heat set.
Some more terms: Tissue Pick
Fabric where yarns "floating"along the back of fabric and are brought up to create emboidered detail on the face of a...
A dye applied to the fabric first by means of reduction (leuco soluble form) and then oxidation (insoluble form). Used predominantly for...
Cotton Vegetable fiber
Perhaps man's oldest, fair resistance to wear and sunlight a soft feeling, dyes well, poor resistance to soil unless...
Hardware put on the bottom of legs to protect the floor. Can be made of metal, rubber, nylon, or felt. Also hardware that supports and protects drawers or flipper...
Naphtha, VM&P (Varnish Makers & Painters)
Petroleum solvent almost as strong as turpentine. Faster evaporating than Mineral Spirits, but with similar properties and uses. Faster-evaporaing thinner for most solvent based finishes. Fuel for....
Companies for Textured Yarn:
If you manufacture, distribute or otherwise deal in Textured Yarn