What is "Textured Yarn" - Definition & Explanation
A continuous filament yarn that has been processed to introduce durable crimps, coils, loops or other fine distortions along the lengths of the filaments.
A yarn that has been so processed as to introduce durable crimps (q.v.), coils, loops or other fine distortions along the length of the fibres or filaments.
a) The main texturing processes usually applied to continuous-filament yarns made from or containing thermoplastic fibres, are as follows:
1. The yarn is highly twisted, heat-set and untwisted, either as a continuous process (false twisting) or as a three-stage process.
2. The yarn is passed through a heated "stuffer box" (stuffer box crimping).
3. The heated yarn is passed over a knife edge (edge crimping).
4. The heated yarn is passed between a pair of geared wheels or some similar device (gear crimping).
5. The yarn is knitted into a fabric, heat-set and unravelled (knit-deknit).
6. Loops are formed in individual filaments by over-feeding into a turbulent airstream (air-textured).
7. Bicomponent Fibres (q.v.) are differentially shrunk.
b) Processes (1) and (3) above produce yarns of a generally high stretch character. This stretch character is frequently reduced by reheating the yarn in a state where it is only partly relaxed from the fully extended condition, thus producing a yarn with the bulkiness little reduced but with a much reduced retractive power.
c) Fabrics that contain textured yarns have increased bulk, opacity, and moisture absorbency and improved thermal insulation properties with a warmer handle (q.v.); some textured yarns also confer extensible or "stretch" properties on fabrics made from them.
a general classification for continuous filament man - made fibre yarn which have been treated to give them hand and appearance which is different from the untreated yarn and / or stretchy. These yarns in some cases exhibit spun yarn effect. The yarns may be crimped ,curled, coiled, distorted through air jet process or given a false twist and then be heat set.
Some more terms: Tear Resistance
A measurement of fabric strength. Also, a property imparted by using "ripstop" yarns in close woven...
Handkerchief designs in simple colour and white stylised patterns, including spots....
May be a bobbin or needlepoint lace usually on a machine made ground. Sometimes designs are appliquéd on the ground. As Brussels Belgium is important in the history of lace-making, many different...
A Sheer Fabric Often A Lawn Or Batiste, Usually Of Cotton Or Cotton Blend, With A Small Dot Pattern. The Dots Are Usually Woven Into The Fabric But May Be Flocked Or Printed . Used For Curtains,...
The origin of the basic structure and motifs in a piece of....
Companies for Textured Yarn:
If you manufacture, distribute or otherwise deal in Textured Yarn